St. Peter’s Basilica & The Dome
Departures: 2:00 p.m.
Duration: 3 hours
Language(s): English only
Group size: Monolingual small groups, max. 10 persons
Meeting point: Brastours agency in Via Santamaura, 28 at 01:45 p.m. or pick-up service from centrally located hotel
Tour ends: St. Peter’s Square (drop off at hotels is not included)
- High Season Apr - Oct
- Child (4-8 years)
A full experience in the heart of the Vatican City!
The tour starts to discover the imposing St. Peter’s Dome, designed by Michelangelo in the 16th century a.C. and still today the tallest in the world. To reach to the top with the guide, the most trained people will be able to climb 551 steps, while for others, an elevator will help to skip part of the steps. In both cases, the panoramic view of Rome from the top will be unforgettable.
After exploring the dome, the tour will continue directly and without line into St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest church in the world and symbol of the Catholic religion, where it will be possible to admire iconic masterpieces such as La Pietà by Michelangelo and the huge Baldacchino by Bernini.
The tour ends in the suggestive St. Peter’s Square, surrounded by the famous Bernini’s double Colonnade and seat of the papal audience every Wednesday.
- St. Peter’s Dome
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- St. Peter’s Square
What is included
- Skip the line entrance tickets
- Professional Guide
- Pick-up service from centrally located hotels (when selected)
- Drop off at the hotels
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is not permitted to wear shorts, miniskirts and have uncovered shoulders
- Please note that due to current Covid-19 restrictions and new safety policies, all customers will be required to wear a mask on tours. Temperature checks will also take place at tour venues; if your temperature is above 37.5°C you will unfortunately not be able to attend the tour.